Like any online business, we do need to collect some information about you in order to process orders, keep our website running and to share relevant news and updates with our email subscribers.
1. We don’t want to annoy you.
We're not here to spam people and we only want to send relevant messages to people who we think want to receive them. If you signed up but no longer want to hear from us, all our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe link.
2. We don't share what you tell us with anyone we don't have to.
For example, we have to tell the Courier Service your address to get your orders to you, and we have email software to deliver emails but we will never share your data with anyone for any reason other than to process your orders or complete marketing tasks. We will always delete, correct or document everything we know about you on request.
3. Occasionally, things go wrong.
We don't always get everything right. Sometimes people make mistakes and sometimes computer systems mess up. If you’re unhappy with something we’ve done, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will make things right.
1. YOUR DATA
"your data" means any information about you which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, Registration Name, Password, where applicable, and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us or otherwise via the site at any time. This information is known as “personal information” because it is capable of identifying you as a living individual. Personal information is afforded certain protections under data privacy and other laws and you can be assured that your personal information will be handled at all times by us in compliance with such laws.
We may also collect information from you at the site that does not personally identify you, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you consider personal. For example, we automatically collect the following information: clickstream information such as the address of the web site that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on the site, what country you are browsing from and what default language your internet browser is set to, which browser you used to view the site and any search terms you have entered on our site. This information is anonymous meaning we cannot identify you personally.
2. COLLECTION OF YOUR DATA
We collect your data when:
- you create an on-line account;
- you place an order;
- you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us;
- you place a comment on the site;
- you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw; or
- you disclose your data to us through the site at any other point.
3.1 In certain situations we use your data in order to meet contractual obligations, such as to:
- process the registration of your on-line account and maintain your on-line account;
- process and complete orders you place via the site;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you;
- make your comments and/or reviews available on the site.
- send you and keep you updated with information by email/post/telephone about existing and new services and special offers from us.
- send you information by email/post/telephone about products or services of selected third parties; and
- publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners (in such case as you are a prize winner).
- amend your preferences accordingly in your on-line account;
- use the one-click facility contained in any such communication; or
- email us at email@example.com stating your name and the address you wish to unsubscribe.
3.4 In certain situations we may use your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests, such as to:
- use your purchase history to make or send personalised offers to you.
- combine the shopping histories of many customers to identify trends and ensure we are properly planning to meet demand and to develop new products.
- monitor, develop and improve the site and your experience based on our customer and visitor shopping and browsing habits;
- send you direct marketing information by post to inform you of products and services which we think may interest you.
- to pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement agencies.
3.7 Please be aware that when you choose to post a comment review to the site, this and any personal data that you choose to include in it may be made available on the site and therefore be accessible to any visitor to the site. Please therefore think carefully about the content of your comment and only make available what you are happy for others to read.
4. SHARING YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
4.1 We may sometimes pass on your data to trusted third parties in order to operate our business. For example:
- to our employees, couriers agents and sub-contractors in order to administer your account, process orders and other parts of the services;
- to third party service providers and social media platforms in order to operate our marketing campaigns.
- to contractors and IT support teams tasked with maintaining our computer systems or otherwise maintaining our operations.
- we may disclose your data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or where required by law.
- We provide only the information the third party needs to perform the task or service.
- The third party may only use your data for the exact purpose we have agreed in our contract with them.
- We monitor their work closely to ensure your privacy in maintained throughout.
- When we stop using their services, we ensure your data is deleted from their systems or rendered anonymous.
- if we run a competition or other joint-promotion with a third party and you tick a box allowing them to email you independently of us.
5.1 We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your data. All the data collected by us is stored on secure servers. The secure server software encrypts all personally identifiable information you input when you place an order before it is sent to us.
6.2 As of August 2022, the third party services which may place cookies in your browser are:
- Google, (In order to monitor the site and to support marketing campaigns)
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest (In order to support marketing campaigns and enable social media sharing functionality)
7. ACCESS TO AND UPDATING YOUR DATA
7.1 Where you are a registered on-line account holder, you may access and update your data contained in your on-line account. You must make sure that you update your data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
7.2 If you would like to receive a copy of your data held by us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. LOCATION OF AND TRANSFERS OF YOUR DATA
Your data may be held or accessed by OASE UK Ltd entities or its affiliates in Europe and the US in the course of providing the site and services to you. We also use third party providers in order to fulfil the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above who may be located in countries in Europe or in the US. In terms of any such transfers, we ensure that your data is transferred with relevant and appropriate contractual and other safeguards in place to ensure that it is kept secure and handled in accordance with relevant privacy laws. When you access or use this site, you consent to this transfer of your data on these terms. Please also note that if you choose to post a comment on the site then this and any personal data you choose to include in it may potentially be available to site users worldwide.
9. OTHER LINKS
Please be aware that the site may link to other web sites that may be accessed by you through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites and encourage you to review the policies on these other sites.
10. CONTACTING US
11. CONTACTING THE REGULATOR
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can't be responsible for the content of external websites) If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence. Details can be found in Section 16.